New York Girl Electrocuted at a Mini-Golf Course in Orlando
On Wednesday afternoon, eleven year old Ashton Jojo of Latham, NY was electrocuted and killed in an accident while trying to retrieve a golf ball from a pond at a time-share resort’s miniature golf course near Orlando, Florida. Jojo, who was on vacation with her family, was playing miniature golf with her family when a golf ball landed in a small pond on the golf course. According to Orange County Deputies, the little girl cried out in pain as she stepped into the two-foot deep pond. Christopher Burges, a fellow resort guest, attempted to rescue her and was also injured.
Jojo was transported to Celebration Hospital in Celebration, Florida where she was pronounced dead shortly after her arrival. The Orange-Osceola Medical Examiner ruled accidental electrocution as the official cause of Jojo’s death. Inspectors said it appeared that the electrical breakers for the ponds pump were improperly placed. In a statement, the Orlando Lake Resort where the accident happened said it is cooperating with authorities in the investigation and that the miniature golf-course has been shut down until further notice.
The Law Firm of Steven I. Fried P.C. handles wrongful death cases, car accidents, pedestrian accidents, truck accidents, medical malpractice, and slip and fall accidents. We take pride in serving and representing clients in the Bronx, Brooklyn, Queens, Manhattan and throughout the New York area. For more information on personal injury lawsuits, contact The Law Firm of Steven I. Fried P.C. (212) 964-5777 or SFRIED@SIFLAW.com.